Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mounting the Cabinet Doors

Over the weekend I knocked out a lot of the little stuff left on my To Do list.  The biggest tasks were creating the drawer face and mounting the cabinet doors to the cabinet.



I chose to use euro style hinges because I like the clean look of not seeing the hardware from the outside.  Also the doors can overlay the frame completely when closed.  Installing them took several hours but actually wasn't that difficult.  I spent a lot of time making sure everything lined up correctly.  My biggest fear was accidentally drilling straight through the doors and ruining the face.

Cutting the drawer face was pretty simple, just a rectangle.  Home Depot didn't carry solid maple that wide so I had to use some plywood which meant more edge banding.  Not a big deal though, it came out pretty good.  What's crazy is that I *think* the drawer face was actually the last thing I had to cut.  From here on out its just some gluing, drilling, a little bit more dyeing and then a whole lot of varnishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment